Thursday 28 July 2016

                                                             DREAM



  I walk on and on.I do not know why I am going.Or where I am going I walk on because my mind is commanding me to. My heart is throbbing,I feel restless.Something is heavy in my mind .But impulsively I walk on.

Suddenly a dark,thick forest rises in the distance,welcoming me with its numerous trees and shrubs.Though it is somewhat frightening,I walk on and soon am amidst this dark forest.The trees stand waving their branches,as if to welcome me.Amongst their shadows,the sun occasionally shows off its inquisition by peeping through the thick leaves.And when there is a strong gust of wind ,it sees me in full and gives a radiant smile.

Even this does not cheer me and I walk on.Then I come to a meadow.A small creek runs gurgling over small rocks,happily whistling on its way.I am still melancholic,realise I am all alone in this wild forest.A shiver runs through my spine.I must go back.I try to hasten back.

But now my memory fails me-from where did I come from?Where to return now? I try to run but my legs are weak and I can only limp.I sweat,I cry and

I wake up to realise this is only a dream.
                                                                   -----------------------------


I was a teenager when I wrote this.The diary's pages are crumbling.I have salvaged what I could ,in the manner I thought was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment