Thursday 28 July 2016

         
 My "blogs" of a different kind


On contemplating serious matters such as the existence of God, I feel perplexed.I somehow donot understand the inveterate practices so reverently followed by almost all sections of people,be they great or small. When I hear grandiloquent speeches on the glories of God,I never fully appreciate them,for I feel they lack depth and sincerity,leave me wondering "Are these great men who give such ornate orations ,adorned   with  high sounding phrases,as intellectual as they pose to be?Can they give extemporaneous  speeches,on the Lord they praise and worship in a heartfelt, simple manner, which will touch the simple people they address to,understand better?"

My attitude towards religion is different and those who glorify age old ,pompous religious practices may scorn at my views.I am not an apostate nor am I a theist the way people define that word.I believe in a supreme power that  reigns over us,some call God and I call it destiny.I am not able to comprehend the concept of confining this power in a small space and declare that is ITS domain.Maybe someday,these advocates of idolatry will be able to understand what I say.
               
                                                                  -----------------------

Yeah ,this was a very young girl's view to be different and daring!Yet she could  not be much different because of the pressures of the society she lived in.Without compromising much,yet bowing down to dear and near ones' sentiments,she has successfully held on to certain of her values.

Above was an entry in a diary I had kept in my late teens.It is amazing that my views have remained the same though I might have been pliable on occasions lest I hurt the dear and near ones around me.Ah,yes,I would now use much simpler words,less rigid in my views!
.



No comments:

Post a Comment