Thursday 4 September 2014

Ageing process



  My bones groan and grumble nowadays-I am not all that old yet, I am only "middle aged'!Last year I was walking past a' pandal' gaping at some colourful lights with youthful curiosity and "thud" I fell tripping over an unseen obstacle.All I could think then was'Oh God!Why me?Please,please let me get up and walk now or who will make tomorrow's coffee?"For the husband then was nursing a fractured bone at home.Got up and walked then ,limped slowly back home.

For a couple of days I walked with a limp and then became alright.So I thought.After a few months I developed a shooting pain .I am freakishly paranoid about pain killers and there were a thousand queries-1.am I getting old 2.is this Arthritis or 3.rheumatism or 4.or 5  .etc etc.To quell these endless  worries I confided in a few of my friends and heeding to their advice zipped to a  Know all, Cure all doctor..After a cursory glance,he jotted down something-just prescribing about 27 tests.I told myself that it was a nice number.It started with the early morning visit with my sleepy driver in toe,to the Diagnostic Centre and then for some tests.After spending the better part of the day there,I later went to the Doctor,armed with the thesis compiled on me by the Lab technicians.Much to the chagrin of the doctor ,the tests were "almost" normal!"Reduce your weight, lady" he growled "or don't even come and see me again".Nevertheless he put me on to an Orthopedist.

He pulled and pushed my legs,looked cross eyed at my veins and nerves and what not and because he could find nothing wrong,he said that an MRI test had to be taken to prove something was wrong, may be my spinal cord!Meanwhile he advised me to go to a Physiotherapist.

That day, I RAN back home!I still occasionally limp and groan and moan,sometimes my sweet maid massages my feet ,my bedroom reeks of all sorts of ointments that I apply and my aches ease a little.
Moral of the story:Your bones creak and croak as you grow old!

No comments:

Post a Comment