Monday 25 May 2015

My maid,my saviour!



  I have been very amused in the past,that when women meet, the most favourite topic seemed to be their respective maids!How unbearable it was to bow down to the atrocious demands,how they played truant often.For me,those days,they were an additional support to cope up with the exacting,exerting household chores.Nothing more, nothing less. They were there most of the time sharing my burden,they were also not there when I needed them desperately.I never felt that they were entitled to precious time of discussion with dear ones.

Alas,gone are those days of self confidence and efficiency.Now,some chores that I did effortlesslessly are mind boggling.Those were days when guests poured in unannounced mostly and things were handled with ease.That was the way of life.Now,when the phone bell rings, there is a nervous fear-who is going to barge in?Will "she" be on time to give me support?The home which was my pride,ever spic and span,now turns a disaster zone when "she" has gone on casual leave.Yoga and meditation cannot give me the peace that her arrival does.And doesn't "she" know that!?  "She"now reigns supreme in our household!

The morning bell heralding her arrival everyday gives me more vigour than the morning cuppa does.All and sundry take susidiary positions compared to her.Her choices and conveniences are always given precedence.Oh no!"she" is no more a topic of "trifles"."SHE"is the person I wait for eagerly everyday and when she walks in my heart fills with relief and happiness for the day!



1 comment:

  1. LOL, very true. This is one resrouce and topic that cuts across, states, religion, caste and creed. We are currently learning to rediscover our lives without "Her" and yet managing one back in India!!!

    ReplyDelete